View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 05:42 PM

Default hi and welcome fellow spine warrior!

Well Tom .. sorry you need to be included in the Spiney Warrior club however want to welcome you anyway!

I originally injured my back when I was 28 and much like you was told nothing could be done, live with it etc... until my back kept going out and I was bedridden more than upright and doing anything so my first surgery was about 9 years after original injury (at that time L3, L4, L5S1 involved).

Your Doctor will mostly likely do an exam on you and I imagine bare minimum if you already have a very recent xray will possibly order an updated MRI on you given the duration of your injury and complaints.

I wouldn't give any information that might even hint at the possibility you may have injured your back at anything else other than just "living" since it's WC related. If you do want to mention working out I'd stick to just saying something like you walk or swim on a regular basis, not weight lifting and such or anything that might be construed as a possible new injury... (this is just my advice after dealing with CA WC since 1982).

I don't know if you will be offered PT as a conservative trial or injections or anything as I imagine after the initial examination your doctor might want a more detailed idea of what's going on in your spine currently which I would imagine an updated MRI would provide.

I do wish you the very best and please let us know how things go with your doctor's visit if you have the time and inclination!

Maria