View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 03:36 PM

Default ProDisc/synthes Problems

Maria,

Thank you for your reply. It has been an extremly hard pill to swallow. I know that I NEVER reported being in any type of pain prior to the surgery. In their magazine article I was even quoted as saying I was in never in any pain.

My initial symptom was merely I could'nt double click a computer mouse fast enough with my right hand in my new job. The neuro initially thought it was carpal tunnel, but up to this point in my life had never really operated a keyboard consistantly. (prior Air Traffic Controller, I talked for a living).

The Nero ordered an MRI and saw the degenerative disc and I was later told if I got hit a certain way I could become paralyzed. I have always played sports including recreational hockey ect. They told me with this type of surgery I could go back to doing all the same things I loved and I wouldn't need to have surgery again unlike the conventional fushion. The hospital also had just acquired a new doctor from LA preforming this type of surgery and I turned into the gunnie pig/poster boy an was sold into having the surgery. In retrospect I was so stupid and ignorant.

The hospital received such a positive reaction to the magazine article they asked me to shoot the commercial. Thats when they wanted me to say I was in pain. I remember the lady doing my makeup (I know Big Star) on the set saw and talked to me about how upset I was having them words put in my mouth. The added anxiety and stress made my hand shake for the first time DURING a portion of filming!

When I spoke to the surgeon about the new tremor he was concerned sent me to a different Nero and then backpeddled a bit saying they had proof from the films I needed the surgery. From there sent he me to physical theropy and so on so on.

I live in a non medical state for cannabis but it does help a great deal I just dont need to lose a job or go to jail My arm feels like it is dying and getting the best way I can discribe it; Feels like its getting no blood. I can only get relief from shaking and pain by putting my arm behind my head. Now recently my toes and leg are starting to have painful nerve pain.

I am seeing a new Nero mid October and I want some extra attention brought to this surgery instead of just putting me on more medication that I may or may not need!