View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 PM

Default re redovery

Blair,
Sounds like your recovery is progressing very very well! I'm amazed that you can do as much as you are now so it does sound like the surgery was successful!

I don't know much about the symptoms you're feeling except I know after my 2nd spine surgery which was just a percutaneous discectomy at L4 (L5S1 had been an open discectomy) I had some very weird sensations in my lower body/extremities such as numbness/tingling for a few months.

The leg twitching may fall under RLS or restless leg syndrome and I would venture to guess that will be transient as well as nerves are reacting to surgical intervention and now recovery. I had this when sleeping and it used to literally move me on the bed and I felt like I could feel my low back spasms thru the bed (kinda like the Exorcist w/o head swiveling)!! That lasted at least a month, maybe longer as I remember it freaked me out but the Neuro had said it was normal (oh yeah..real normal)~

On weight loss, WOW!! Often one hears of weight gain after surgery but it's really great hearing about weight loss (if necessary). I know what you mean re cute shirts/clothes as I went from 125lb to 104 lbs over 6 months and I fit into size 2's and 3's now vs. 6's and 8's.

However, in my case, age being against me.. I need to head to the gym to tighten up. Am hoping to do this before surgery! What I had forgotten about was a brace in the summer... shouldacouldawoulda had surgery in May?!

Anyway, continue on with your stellar recovery and congrats on kicking butt with your final grades!!!! Whooohoooo!!! (we all knew you're a brain)

Last edited by Maria; 05-31-2007 at 01:35 PM.