View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 07:54 AM

Default 3 level ADR to fusion

Wow u sure have been having a lot going on! I think there have been some very successful revisions done that I've read about on this forum and some others over the years. It's good that your surgeon has experience with revisions and doesn't have to refer you out even though you may want a second opinion because of the nature of the proposed surgery (revision). I think that's just the norm whenever a surgery of this magnitude is proposed. That being said you may be entirely comfortable with your current surgical choice and confident in his abilities however it never hurts to get one more opinion!

I don't know if you've gone back through some of the older surgical forum material here though I'm sure there are people that have talked about their experience having to go from ADR to fusion in revision surgeries. If not and even if so you may want to talk with Mark Mintzer (mmglobal) about the proposed surgery (or maybe you've already done this). He would likely be the one person here besides those that have had revisions that could give you the most information.

Anyway I guess you'll be having the myelogram soon ( I hated these because I always got spinal leaks afterwards) and then getting your surgical date pending the results?

Please do keep us posted and while I'm sorry to read that you have to undergo more surgery hopefully the surgery will help your current spinal situation out!

Wishing you the best! Maria