View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 09:55 PM

Hey Gang.... I hope everyone is doing well. So isn't it amazing how no matter what we seem to do it's always like we take a step forward just to fall back a mile. I ended up having to stay home from work today, due to the pain. I'm on a pretty high level of medication as it is, so upping it isn't an option, but I was hoping I may have a plan of sorts in the works after my test. Well I get a call from my manager, asking how things were, so I filled him in. Well he brings up a comment, have you looked into FMLA if I have to have the surgery. Well it's my fault but I hadn't, again this is all pretty recent, come to find out I'm ineligible for FMLA, and since I haven't been there 2 years I will only get 60% of my pay. Well being the only person in my family with a job, my boys are both in school and my wife is in school, I'm pretty much screwed. So my only option will be to suffer until I hit the point I'm eligible which is 6 months. Just hope the nerve damage by then isn't too drastic, and that it will eventually heal.

I guess what bugs me most is all I heard before starting there is how understanding they are, and how all these people have had to take extended time off for various procedures. In my case I can work remotely, but we have a VP who doesn't believe in it, so we don't get that option.

Sorry for complaining, I just really feel discouraged today. Thanks for listening, it's appreciated....