View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmsf3 View Post
Just a little of my story. This past summer I had a routine discectomy for a herniated disk in my lower back. A week and a half later, I was back on the operating table to save my life from a serious surgery site infection at the nerve root. A week in the hospital and then 6 weeks of IV antibiotics and I can just now start getting around a little. Problem is I have about 50% feeling in everything below my waste and can only hobble around for about a hour before I can't pick my feet up off the ground and walk. Burning nerve pain in back, both legs and feet. I'm 53 years old and have been a police officer for 25 years and it looks like I'm going to have to medically retire and apply for disability. I was in the best shape of my life 7 months ago and training and working out 6 days a week. Now I'm just a shell. If this doesn't get better, I may not see next year. Another MRI next week and then who knows.
Most of the people were able to get back to their daily activities within a few time period after this stage. But there are some occasions which were people may experience great trouble in doing their regular activities like sitting, walking, running, etc. They may feel chronic pain in their back, this can be healed by doing some back strengthening exercises. Exercises after the surgery will help to regain your movements and activities. My brother had got a physiotherapy treatment as per the recommendation of his doctor after his discectomy surgery. He got relieved from the pain and discomfort after a few therapy sessions and exercises with the help of a well-known physio in Toronto. I think, getting physiotherapy treatment is a good option to regain the stability and strength especially after the surgery. All the best