View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 02:49 PM

Default re freaked out

Hi Kes and welcome~
Well who wouldn't be freaked out about spine surgery of any degree! Those of us that have ever considered it, gone thru it, and/or have contemplated more spine surgery know that feeling!

I'm glad you have gotten a number of consults and they all seem to agree on what's going on and what the answer/treatment plan would be even though it involves surgery. Also glad you have a surgeon that's trying to work on the insurance angle re the surgery. Always good to know what you're going to have authorized and what isn't going to be authorized/covered as best able.

Also good that you've reached out to surgeons in Germany.. I did that as well as did a number of other persons that have been on this forum and a number had their surgeries done in Germany or other non USA countries where cost was out of pocket maybe but less than in USA, expertise and experience was there re ADRs and there wasn't the limiting factor of what could be done here in this country.

I would make one more suggestion and that would be to contact mmglobal (Mark Mintzer) here and the contact information is on the site at "contact us" I believe. He has worked as a Spine Patient Advocate with a number of leading spine surgeons here in the USA and in Germany and abroad. He has also had cervical and lumbar ADRs done in Germany. I think he's your best source re information and assistance.

Hope you will keep us informed here re your progress in this endeavor and I wish you all the best with whatever will be done.

Maria

Last edited by Maria; 07-10-2016 at 02:52 PM.