Thread: Cervical Issues
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 04:55 PM

Unhappy Cervical Issues

Hello, well it has been a long time since I have corresponded on here. Some names are the same, but I do see new as well.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a lumbar spiney who eventually received a 2 level ADR (Prodisc) in Vienna by Dr. B. (May 2004)

I recovered from the lumbar surgery fairly well. I do get occasional pings down the left leg, but nothing like I had prior to surgery.

Now..... I'm back having neck problems. Started a week-ish or two ago. I may have had symptoms much longer and just didn't realize what it was.

Symptoms are a stiff neck, with pain radiating to the left shoulder blade, upper left arm, then to the left wrist area and into the left index and thumb fingers.

It is a bit early to say this, but I think this is possibly due to an injury to the C5-C6 segment. So, I'm trying to treat conservatively for now with NSAIDs, a steroid bomb (on first bomb now), will be starting mild therapy and go from there. Not on narcotics yet. On flexeril.

Anyways, I think that most of you who have been through this before know how the thinking process works......thinking of the best and worst stuff as case scenarios.

So, I guess, its time to do some homework "just in case" if this should lead down a surgical pathway.

Wishing everyone a less pain / pain free day.

Poncho (aka Sue)