View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 06:49 AM

Default Beware

Make sure you review the doctor n if you get ADR make sure your not his Guinea pig! Asked my American dr how many ADRs he had done n he said he did a few a few years ago. It's a complicated surgery and placement is critical more than the device or anything else and there's no textbook on placement. Only knowledge of the spine in question n experience matters. I chose to pay out of pocket n go to Germany. I'm not fixed yet so maybe I'm wrong, but there r too many bad outcomes. Even the best have them but the inexperienced has many more. Look for a peer reviewed doctor w a 90 percent success rate. That seems to give the best chances. Plus read read read. .gov has many peer reviewed papers on discs. It's sad to say but there's only seems to be a handful of doctors in USA worthy but their prices r triple of Germany. Seems in Germany it's bout 20 k for one level n 40 k for two. I was quoted 41 k for two lumbar. I figured if I can buy a car for 34 k I can try to fix my back. Tell u the truth I rather be homeless n not have food than have pain like I do. God bless you n good luck brother. I have been reading 24/7 for a few years n my head is spinning.

One thing I learned is don't let emotions or opinion guide you n don't believe everything you read unless it's peer reviewed. Peer reviewed means a sanctioned outside agency approves of results published with no financial involvement!