View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 10:06 PM

Default Urgent Request - Thoracic Spinal Cord Compression

Mark or anyone with indepth knowledge.... have you had dealings with or any recommendations for a highly specialized thoracic Neurosurgeon at The Spine Division and The Cahill Spine Institute at the University of South Florida Department of Neurosurgery or the Spine Institutes at the University of Miami? This is an urgent request as I have an issue at Thoracic T7 and T8 concerning a mass which the MRI states is " surgical material" that has encapsulated and is causing significant spinal cord compression, significant cord deformity and stenosis. It is pretty large at 6.1cm x 1.1cm x 1.6cm. My MRI's have just been evaluated by an ortho and neurosurgeon as a second opinion and I am being told this is complex and dangerous that it can only be done at one of these two university hospitals in Florida since they have the advanced and specialized equipment to handle this. And due to the complications this is causing me with severe pain, weakness and intermittent loss of a bladder function it has become a very urgent medical situation. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.