View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 04:46 PM

Well, I had a appointment with a neurosurgeon this past week. He has recommended a fusion or artificial disc at C5-C6 and C6-C7. He did admit to me though that he has not placed many artificial discs but would do it if I chose him. I really liked him and appreciated his transparency with this. I did admit that I was to have another appointment with a different neurosurgeon in a different market. That right now just looking at options/opinions.

I guess these levels must have been going south for some time because this neurosurgeon said that he did see spurs as well. First time that I had heard that. I don't recall that being on my MRI report. Interesting.

Now on to the next appointment in Cincinnati called the Mayfield Clinic. It appears that they do a lot of research / clinical trials. I will need to sit down and come up with a list of questions for him. That will be October 20th.

In the meantime so far, the medications I am on are helping me get through this waiting period. In the mornings, I don't feel so bad, but as the day goes on, the shoulder/shoulder blade / arm pain increases.

I will try to keep everyone up to date when I know more.

Wishing everyone on here less pain / pain free vibes.

Poncho