View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 04:16 PM

Default Almost 2 Weeks Post-Op

Hi Maria,

Well I finally sucked it up and had the 2 level cervical artificial disc replacement at C 5-6 and C 6-7.

Of course like the lumbar surgery I had was similar to the post -op pain that surgical night with the posterior neck hurting and arm pain.

My surgeon came in to see my husband while I was in the PACU and told him everything went well and that (of course you know this), to keep moving my neck. No collar needed at all.

Took approx. one week to see the changes for the better. Driving definitely sets off the left arm

This coming Monday marks 2 weeks and I don't want to jinx anything. The pain in the fingers is mostly gone and mostly gone in the upper arm until you come to the upper area of where the shoulder joint is where it is a bit achey. Still have some upper back issues on the left, but seem to be minor in comparison and the shoulder blade doesn't give me as much issues as I had before.

So I'm still early in recovery and this so far seems to be a good decision. If anyone is wondering, the ADRs placed were Mobi-C

I'm on minimal medication for pain now.

Had some insomnia last night awake till approx. 430 am then got up around 11:00am.

Time to run a few errands today.

Hope you and all out there looking at this either finds you pain free or with less pain today.

Also, anyone on this forum is welcome to PM me if they want more information. Though, keep in mind that I'm not on here that often.

Take care,
Poncho