View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 06:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to tisury

Hello Maria, and thanks for asking. Yes, we are home. We were supposed to fly out of Munich at 12:30pm Friday afternoon (Germany time) and arrive in Philly at 4:30pm our time. Well, they loaded us on the plane, but then we sat on the plane for 3 1/2 hours before we were finally cleared to leave. Some issue with the air conditioning they said and then rerouting our late flight. Every half hour, they would assure us everything was under control, just waiting on paper work, and we would be leaving soon. (That crap scares me, like hey, what is REALLY wrong - isn't that the way the plane crash movies usually start.....can you tell I am not an avid flyer...lol) The flight was a little over 8 hours, I guess. We made up some time in the air and arrived in Philly around 6:30pm, but then we had a 3 hour drive home. Got home about 11 pm Friday night. Surprisingly though - I handled it much better than I ever expected. Yes, I had pain, but usually after an hour of sitting like that, I would be ready to saw my legs off or shoot myself. I didn't even max out on the pain meds. Good signs. I hope they continue.

I am having a lot of muscle type pain in the legs the last two days. Hot showers, walking, and stretching alleviate it some; but not much. Things may go down hill before heading back up, I'm afraid. But I can deal with it as long as I believe there is an end in sight. Or as a friend said to me, a light at the end of the tunnel without a train attached to it.

The intensity of the numbness of my right thigh seems to vary. This is mostly new since surgery. I would occasionally have numbness in that area, but only if I really overdid something. Hopefully, it is temporary. Still have nerve pain on and off, but that does seem easier to control with change of position, walking, stretching, etc. One day at a time.

Well, time to walk, walk, walk.....as Chuck says. Thanks to everyone.

Susan
Oct 2004-very minor improvement -severe nerve pain in hips,legs, and backside has not improved.
Rhizotomy L2-L5 no relief
Sept 2005-Positional MRI shows bulges at L3-4 &
L4-5 impinging on nerves
May 2006 Nuleoplasty L3-5 no help
May 22 2007-2nd ADR surgery-2 level Prodisc (L34 &
L45) & vertebroplasty - Dr. Bertagnoli -Germany.