View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 01:25 AM

Default Thoracic spine pain

I have been suffering from thoracic back pain for almost a year and a half. Mris have come back normal and so have x-rays. I have tried chiropractic, physiotherapy, massage therapy and acupuncture. Nothing has really helped me. I have pain in between my shoulder blades, mostly to the left side. the pain extends from the spine to the edge of the shoulder blade. One of the spinous process is very sore on the left side. The pain also runs down the spine. A lot of cracking noises from the left side. Right side is alright. My sternum and the surround areas get sore and crack a lot. Pain does not wrap around the ribs though. Sometimes I have difficulty breathing. The pain is pretty bad and gets worse with activity. Leaning forward causes a little discomfort. Arm motions are the worst as they spike up the pain levels especially the following days. Usually lying down flat on my back helps relieve pain. Unable to sleep on my sides. Honestly sitting is not too bad most of the times. Doctors are confused. So, I am looking for advice as to what to do next. Mris have come back normal. I am completely confused. Should I try injections to try and determine the source of pain. What kind of injections should I try. Can I go for a discogram if the mris have come back negative. Can anyone relate to these symptoms and if so what are they indicative of. Please any guidance in helping me find a diagnosis would be really appreciated.