Thread: CT Results
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 03:52 AM

Default CT Results

Today I received a personnel phone call from Dr Delamarter. He shared with me the results of my CT Scan last week of my Lumbar and my Pelvis. I have pain in my right SI joint, same pain from before the ADR surgery. All looks great. My ProDisc is doing fine, facets look VERY GOOD and my right SI does have some degeneration but he feels that due to my active lifestyle and is to be expected. He does not see a need at this time to do any injections or aggressive therapy but wants me to continue on ant inflammatory. This does not surprise me in my opinion, Dr D is a bit conservative when it comes to post-op therapy.

He asked me how I was doing? For about 3 weeks after my 18 month post-op appointment I did nothing and the pain was a bit less but still there but I felt week and lethargic. So in my opinion that was not the right way to go, so for the past 2 weeks I have been back on my mountain bike and hitting the trails. Last weekend we road for 2 hours 11 miles and about 1,000 vertical feet and you can bet I was stiff and sore but not to any extreme level that would cause me to not want to ride again in a couple of days. Dr D feels I need to find the right balance of activity for my body. He does not feel I should stop what I am doing and encourages me to continue. We will talk more at my 2-year post op appointment in Aug. Can you belive it has almost been 2 years.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99