View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 01:57 PM

Default re your pain

Lyndsay,
I wish that your results had been far different and I hope that with some treatment and time you will have lessening of symptoms/loss altogether.

Post my 2nd discectomy (L4 percutaneous) I had such severe gnawing burning pain that went from my waist thru my buttocks, to quads, back of legs, thru calves, laterally on both legs (bilat pain equal pretty much) to soles of feet.

This pain lasted 5 years but with Elavil was muted to some degree and then by 5th year just couldn't even take 10mg of Elavil/day w/o feeling so sleepy and realized the burning had pretty much subsided except when trying to exercise/walk and so forth.

Back in '98 I started on Neurontin for residual burning pain, and in 2001 started with lumbar ESIs thru 2006 with great results (plus Methadone 5mg bid).

Now the most I've walked at one time was 6 plus miles. Sure I felt crumped once returning home and had a great old backache but only upon not moving versus being mobile. Rather my feet and my neck were killing me! Would you believe the next day my back didn't even hurt me?

There is hope~ just keep thinking positively and take it day by day. Glad to hear the PM's office is really active with trying to localize and treat the pain and that the doc and staff are nice!

And Welcome Back!!!