View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 09:33 PM

Default re your pain and mine

Laura,
You are much better off than me re pain and no use of meds!

Sitting an hour or more can escalate to quite a pain level like 7-9.
Standing in one place for more than 30 mins can escalate anywhere from a 3 -an 8.
Bending over repetively can bring on a "have to lie down think my back is out type of spasm"

By far the absolute worse is sitting and I don't know how well surgery would address that issue and not bring on a whole host of other symtoms..

Oh yes, just packing can kill me and land me in bed prior to a trip ~ running about in the airport is fine w/o wearing my backpack tho as that would be a big showstopper for my spine.

Hiking.. haven't tried it but am thinking I will in San Diego~ more hilly terrain there and at least I can do some uphill climbing and reeducate my spine to that and see how it holds out. Got so used to flat terrain here in LA county and while able to walk quite well, I'm still by far not as in shape and able to get around as you w/or w/o backpack!

Truthfully if your pain levels are that low and not keeping you flat in bed or nearly bedridden or unable do do anything you love, maybe just readjusting your activity level and modifying how you perform your duites at work will change the course of action you think you are have as an only option and allow you to wait a bit longer for a better solution..

Keep us posted on your thinking as your engineering mind is a good one to have functioning on the forum and especially DRUG FREE (at least for now)!