View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara
Default removal of ADR

Lyndsay
I had the Charite disc and had it removed almost 6 weeks ago. Although they are two different discs, the doctors told me that just going in and fusing the spine while keeping the disc in, whether pro-disc or charite or whatever, is not as effective as removing the disc. They found that more patients continued to deal with major pain after the fusion.

I had to get mine removed because of the pressure the artifical disc placed on my facet joints. they were completely healthy before the surgery to basically being completely shot in basically 3 years.

Since I'm only in the early stages of my recovery I can only tell you what I know and the difference between now and before my surgery. This is the first time in more than 7 months that I feel clear headed, the pain that I went in with is now gone, I am more active and mobile now than I have been in almost 2 and a half years.

Hope this helps. If you want any more info I've been doing a weekly update about my recovery or message me anytime if you have questions about what led me to my decision.

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex