View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 01:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara
Default 3 year anniversary Charite ADR surgery

So three years ago today I had my first back surgery. Now I am in a hospital bed recovering from the surgery removing the Charite disc. Kind of ironic... I go and see my dr next week.. I think I should see my pain psychologist as well.. I am filled with so much anger and hatred because of all the stuff going on with my brother and as much as I try to be positive these feelings keep finding their way back. I just want a stress free environment. I didn't realize that was too much to ask for!

It has been a long three years. Hopefully, this is the answer to all of my problems. I never thought that the situation that I am in now was where I would be when I had my original surgery. Ha.. I was naive! I am taking it day by day.. so far today has been a blah day but hopefully it will get better. I hope that sometime soon they will make an artificial disc that doesnt completely destroy the facet joints of younger patients. There has to be studies and more research on this subject. I would hate to see another person go through all of the crap that I have had to go through. The one thing I have always wanted is for my experience to be a learning experience for others.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex