View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 05:46 PM

Hi Lynette,
I hope your day with your daughter was good. Did you get any answers from the orthopaedic surgeon? I will see mine tomorrow. I am going to ask for new tests to find out everything I can about the condition of my back. I think there is more going on than just a disc. I think we will have a disagreement over that. My pain, his ego, I hope I come out victorious!

Nursing is probably what started me down this path of back problems. I have always had a job with heavy lifting. I was in the USAF as an EMT ambulance medic. I worked as a nurses aide when I was 16. Finally got nursing degree and worked for years on a medical/surgical-telemetry floor. These are historically the hardest floors and most people don't stay for 17 years as I did. I had many injuries over the years but never took them too serious. I was always told it is muscle strain and so I never thought much of it. I never thought it could happen to me that I would end up like I am.

My father was born in Lambeth. My mother's mother was from Cornwall. My best friend here is from London. Her parents have got their imigration papers and have sold their house in Scottland. They will be here Aug 4th. My tea supplier is gone! The american tea is like pi-- water! My madien name was Davies. I guess you know a few people there with that name! I was born in Canada. It took me over a year to get my Canadian passport. I have been in the US since 1966 and still have my canadian citizenship. Now that I have my passport I do plan on going to England in the next few years. My father lived at Sizergh castle during the war and I plan to visit their. Have you heard of Sizergh castle?
Betsy