View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 05:22 PM

Default best diagnostician

Can you go and see Dr.Baumbach in Germany? Just throwing out this thought re deciding between surgery and PM ...

I don't know how bad your symptoms are or how limiting and if you should get by with PM vs. surgery so I cannot answer that question however I think w/my neck if my symptoms and my clinical picture matched and surgery was recommended, I'd probably go for it ~ then again, I've not had any cervical surgery so it's virgin territory (unlike my low back). The other thing is I hate when my neck is bothering me as I cannot even stand to read or watch TV.. just have to take drugs and lie down and hope the pain goes away.

I think my neck pain is part and parcel of my migraine symptoms but for a while recently it was a solo deal pretty much w/neck pain and I took the Firoricet because of the Butalbital in terms of relaxation. Did a half arse job ...

This is reminding me to call my OSS now re scheduling an appt. for my cervical spine and hopefully new MRI since it's been about 3 years since my last one. Last time he said it was part of the normal aging process but I think I'm on some advanced schedule!!

Good luck with your decison. Perhaps you could line up a referral for PM, try it out meanwhile and make up your mind as you go?