View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 03:46 AM

Hi Lynette.
Well I went to my ortho yesterday. It went well. He said we may turn this in to a fusion but we will do many tests first to see if there is something else going on. He is also sending me to a rhuematologist to check for spondylopathy(sp). My rhuematoid factor was slightly elevated and my knees and shoulders feel like they are going to freeze up and cause me pain also. The good news is my screws look great!
I had been feeling like one leg was shorter than the other and sure enough my left is shorter than the right. Only 1 cm but i noticed it.
He told me to wear my lovely brace, but not too long at a time because it will cause pain if you wear it too long. I must say I wore it today while on the treadmill and it decreased my pain by half. Lets hope I don't pay too dearly for it later. I also didn't notice the one leg shorter while I was wearing it. That makes my think the problem is in my spine or pelvis. I often have pain radiating to my pelvis.
By the way did you ever experience "restless Legs" after your surgery. At night and especially if I lay on my back with a pillow under my knees I have an overwhelming urge to move. I have to get up and it keeps me awake untill I take something to knock me out. I think I saw it can happen after back surgery.
I hope you a hanging in there.

Betsy