View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Administrator

I have been to see Dr. Filler with a client and have several clients who have seen him. His MRN technology is very interesting. So far, for the spine patients, I have not seen it pay off, but I still believe in the technology. I think that there is a subset of the spine patient population that has specific pathology that will be better diagnosed with MRN and better treated with the unique surgeries and therapies that Dr. Filler has pioneered. Whether this is 40% of us, 25%.... 10%... I don't know. I am anxious to watch our experience level with Dr. Filler and his treatments grow. I'll keep you posted as I learn relevant info.

His office is very well run and I've had incredible access to knowledgeable staff that can answer all my questions straight away. In addition to the spine patient, I had a serendipitous series of chance meetings that put a man in touch with me, exactly at the time I was getting to know Dr. Filler. His son is a world-class athlete who was sidelined with an issue that looked like it was going to end any possibility of a career in professional sports. He'd been through the mill with some top orthopedic and neurosurgeons and was told that he had zero options.... it was over.

I was able to connect him with Dr. Filler and expedite the process. That was important because he needed to return to school and save his spot on the team. It turned out that he was a good candidate for a nerve release surgery. While his professional sports status is unclear and he still stands a limited chance of returning to sports at that level; his surgery went well and resolved the immediate problem. The chance may be limited, but it is still a chance. I'm thankful that Dr. Filler's office is so well run that this could be pulled of very quickly and effectively.

While it remains to be seen about MRN for spineys, I look forward to watching this unfold. I believe that Dr. Filler is the real deal with a unique method of diagnosis and treatment that, while it may not be what many of us, or even most of us need.... for some of us, it's magic that is not available elsewhere.

Mark.

PS... Dr. Filler's book (autographed!) is available from the lending library, but there is already a waiting list. I hope they'll send me another copy or two. The lending library system is not quite operational yet... I've got some programmers working on it. Info on Filler's book is here.

Last edited by mmglobal; 10-18-2006 at 02:27 AM.