View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lyndsay Send a message via Skype™ to Lyndsay

Hello Mark & thank you for taking the time to reply

At the moment I'm still waiting for the blood results, I expect now it will be next week when I go back to see my GP before I get them. As it's the NHS they don't call you

My GP didn't know really what to make of the heat & swelling & because of being stuck at home on my own, he didn't see it until it had settled quite considerably. When I spoke with my Physio she thought it sounded like Discitis which I mentioned to my GP & he then agreed it sounded possible except for in the obvious area which would be the worry.

The swelling is like a puffiness all around the L3-S1 along the spine & then the muscles either side also appear inflammed. The heat is coming from the spine area more than the muscles. It's now down about half of what it was.

My GP did suggest that maybe I had a bit of a reaction to the steroid injections but what puzzled him was that where the problem is, is not where I had the injections.

I'm seeing the Neurosurgeon on the 17th & after a call to his office today, I was assured that an xray will be taken.

If you have any further questions then please feel free to ask

36 years old
DDD
Rupture/Herniation from 97 >
End Stage Facet Joint Arthritis
Fibromyalgia/CFS
Discogram 4 Oct 06 +ve L4-S1
ADR Pro-disc L5/S1 15 Nov 06 ~ Disaster
March 07 Xray's show Exaggerated Lordosis in the lumber spine, PT can't correct
Various injections including Facets
2008 Dx Hypermobility Joint Syndrome (EDS III)
2009 Still on too many meds & in too much pain
Awaiting CT/Myelogram & poss revision