View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 05:36 PM

Default re the sneeze

Mark,
Getting my cervical MRI results today. Will try to remember to ask for the films.

The sneeze sounds like what has in the past sent my back into a weird inventory space like that... these sensations are what I would get in my legs after getting that pain that is sharp sudden and spreads across the lower lumbar spine about L4/L5S1... in fact, a sneeze used to put my back out of commission completely for awhile and I'd have the ice water running down the lateral aspects of my legs, burning in quads and feeling of ants or something crawling up my legs (lateral aspect) as I recall..

This of course was before both surgeries and still after the 2nd at times.

Now the biggest freaky thing was the sharp pain at T7ish that takes my breath away as it's so severe and stabbingly sharp. Has happened 2 times and I'm frozen when it does. Can't even breath for a second it feels like (bit longer) as inpiration might exacerbate the pain. But it passes quickly. Have DDD at this level per Dr.Spencer.

Yeah.. those weird pains and sensations are really a trip. I'd definately be wanting an MRI ~

When you sneeze brace yourself with something to keep your neck in a neutral position or supported. Kind of like a nice dainty sneeze vs. a big guffaw of one!!! That's all I can think of ~