View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 11:27 PM

I went to see Dr. Filler in July due to pain in my coccyx and sacrum area, so my problem is different from yours. He sent me for MRN (neurography) from which he ascertained there was pathology at my pudendal nerve, near the coccyx. Then I went in twice (in August and September) for nerve blocks using his MRI-guided method; but he was unable to achieve the blocks on both occasions. The reason for that is still unclear.

I have always found him to be a pleasant man who has attended carefully to my questions. My only complaint would be that on two occasions, following the nerve block procedures, he failed to keep scheduled telephone appointments with me. I understand a neurosurgeon gets very busy and unavoidable circumstances arise; but I thought it would have been appropriate for him to notify his office staff of telephone appointments he had missed so someone could at least call me to explain and reschedule. As it is, I called and rescheduled and he finally got to me the third time.

Overall, my experience with him has been favorable. I hope he can find a solution to your problem.