View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 07:25 PM

Having had Dynesys I was very impressed with my improved mobility and posture and I suppose it took about two months post-op for this to become apparent.
I'm having problems right now and I've been told it's not the Dynesys, the surgeon thinks yet "another level above" is the culprit! like dominoes.
I've read about the pedicle screws coming loose and as I had the Dynesys done three years ago it does concern me that this might yet turn out to be the case with me.
If so, I understand it's not too onerous a task to replace them with the new hydroxyapatite coated screws for better bonding.
If I need another Dynesys and the surgeon thinks I'm a suitable candidate I shall go ahead.
I'd already had three back operations and my surgeon had to rebuild L4 - S1 in 1995 with large staples and fibreglass stuff between the discs (anterior fusion) as I'd had the backs of these vertebrae removed in 1988 leaving it pretty unstable.
So you can see how grateful I was for the Dynesys as by then I thought I'd had it!
Hope other people will respond to this thread for you, it's very helpful to get as much input as possible.
Lynette