View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 11:40 PM

Interesting that I logged on today to see if there were any posts on Neurgraphy.

To differientiate between sciatica and piriformis it seems a God send.

It bothers me immensly that the patent prevents distribution. You would think the alogrithums could be used across the nation and across the world. Why not distribute them at a reasonable cost. Limiting a potential treatment to 3 scanning centers seems selfish. I hope someone can set me straight on why these are not available at other centers.

Sure I know all about the need for Doctors to be trained to read and interpret these scans, but they are trained and read other types of scans... so it is certainly not out of the question.

I hope this doesn't come down to just money.

I called the center and the woman on the telephone was less than friendly to me. Perhaps I got her on a bad day. I was quoted $1,800 per scan plus the visit with the Doc at $500 to $700. So it's not an inexpensive proposition.

I have paid anywhere from $450 to $1,100 for traditional Cervical Spine Scans.

It only makes sense that pathology suspected in the nerves and not visible on regular MRI scans would be steered towards a technique which could show the nerves more clearly.

Very frustrating to know about a technology and not have it reasonably available. It's like the battle with the FDA to get ADR's approved in the USA, while we already know they work in Germany. Sure you need to be a candidate, but why limit ones options... especially an individual who is suffering.

Reminds me of the Old "Cheeseburger Pepsi" skit with Dan Aykroid from Saturday Night Live. No matter what you ordered you got a Cheeseburger and a Pepsi.

I have no doubts in the competency or genuine desire to see patients improve that I have read in whatever I could find about Dr. Filler. I'm sure as a Doctor he is excellent. I was impressed that he does procedures while using MRI as the imaging tool - avoiding the use of radiation (I suppose there is not magnetic material in the instruments?).

If I were you I would definiately keep the appointment. And please post your experiences. Getting in to see world class physicians can be tough. If you know in fact you do need surgery... I can also recommend you take the time to send your Films to Dr. Stanton Schiffer in Freemont California. He is a very genuine and caring person. Mark has first hand experience with him as well.

Again please post your results and experiences. I am trying to save the money to get the 2 scans I need. And after 4 traditional MRI's I am certainly ready for someone to take a closer look at the nerves themselves.