View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 09:41 PM

Rajesh,

I am from a health care background and just graduated with an MBA - plus I am a Prodisc recipient.

Many of us in the United States are insulated in regards to the medical device industry in foreign countries. I think it has something to do with regulations in regards to marketing restrictions on products that are not FDA approved ~yet~. - Okay, there are a couple ADR devices approved for one level replacement only in the US.

My suggestion would be to look up those medical device companies that have gone public - Medtronic, Synthes et al who produce these product lines. They should have some sort of annual report with a balance sheet and income statement on their websites that should give you some insights. There should be something in regards to their competition and issues that have affected sales. - Domestic and world wide... - In some cases, they may discuss how one product line is cannabolizing the other. For example Synthes has fusion hardware for the spine that competes against the motion preservation device (Prodisc).

Hope this helps.

I hope to see the outcome / conclusion of your project.

Sincerely,
Poncho