View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Just after midnight Friday in Munich. Day 3 today. All is well. Leg symptoms still at bay, although Diane had some minor twinges this morning that went away as soon as we went for a walk. No reason to worry.... we expect some of this and hopefully, all this will just fade away and become fond memories.

It seems that Diane only has surgery pain now. She still moves slowly and when she forgets and takes a long step or moves too quickly, she gets a jab. It's getting better by the hour. She was only taking very low levels of meds. Now, she's on a few codeine/tyelenol a day and has been stretching them out to 8 or more hours.

Munich is wonderful. We have been taking several outings/day into the local area... meals out... fairly long walks.... outings that last an hour (or 2 if there is a meal involved.) Today we took a cab into Munich looking for her favorite beer garden and sausage stand. We didn't find it... we'll have to keep looking. We still had a blast... met some very interesting folks during lunch. The husband works for a company that makes lasers used in cutting metals... including spine implants. His family also owns a winery in Northern Germany (www.drloosen.com - wines available in the US). After lunch we spent some time in Hugendubel bookstore (www.hugendubel.de). It's 6 floors that all overlook Marienplatz and the Glockenspeil.... very cool view... coffee and cake on the top floor. It also has a fairly large English book section. We can't wait to read Zoey the German baby books that we bought.

I got to spend some time with Sam Perroni. It's great to see him again and he's looking better and better each day... now a week post-op. I hope to update his patient story soon.

Last night I had dinner with Zeegers at an outdoor cafe'. He waived a couple that I'd seen at the clinic and walking around the square many times. Talking to them at less than a week post-op from her 2-level active-L was very uplifting. It must be incredible for Zeegers to watch this happen over an over. We come to the AlphaKlinik afraid and desperate. He gets to see most of them leave in much better shape, and knowing that their lives will be much better. For many of us, it's not just better... it's returning from the living dead, back to life. It must be tough for him to watch the few failures, but the large numbers of successes must make it so incredibly rewarding for him.

Here are a few pics... more later...

Day 3... 3 hour outing to Munich

Day 2... farmer's market in Araballa Square

Day 2...
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 08-03-2007 at 11:00 PM.