View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Alternative tools

Dear Mark

I have been popping in and out of the forum for sometime. I spend most of my time on SI joint forum due to the fact the problem I have involves both spine and SI joint. Not long ago I had a Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography of the lower back, which showed some very weak multifidus tendons L-3,L-5 along some SI ligaments. I know there isn't much I can do about the ligaments except Prolotherapy, but as to the mutifidus is there a Dr who believes in this Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography to the point he would do surgery or am I at a complete loss. I have tried Prolotherapy which seemed to help, but I believe the problem is far to gone for that.

I have little muscle contraction or control which causes my gate to change. I also had two previous surgeries a TLIF (L4-5) in 2004 and hardware removal in 2006. The first surgery was a complete success that was until a PT overstreched me , thus I felt something tear. It took me almost two yrs to convence my surgeon that it was muscle damage, so we decided to remove the hardware and again the pain was gone no more gate problems, complete muscle contraction and best of all I could stand up straight again. The mistake after the 2nd surgery was the Dr. said no back brace and thus over the following months things begain to worsen.My last visit he said that he believes is muscle but says there is nothing he could do and said I should get a pain pump. Which this is the response most Dr Have, because they are scared of my previous surgeries.

I have made some gains with prolotherapy, but I'm afraid that surgery is my only hope into regaining my life back.I think there is a such Dr out there it's just finding them. My biggest problem is the MRI and EMG show nothing the only thing that shows an anomaly is the Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography which most DR think is alternative thus not reliable!

Mark any help or any suggestions would be great. Best reagards,John.