Thread: Hello evevryone
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 01:52 AM

well here is the basics
I am 38 yo
Male
My back was injured as a small child ( not clear on all the details .. 2 weeks layed up at home ..parents did not seek medical help )

Was very active sports person through my teenage and early to mid twenties, competed at Local, State and National levels until 28Yo(1998). Stopped all sporting activity due to never ending back problems.
Degenerative L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1

recieved the following:
2002 - L4-L5 Discectomy/ Laminectomy (after about a month of blacking out )
Recovery was good and was back to work after 7 weeks. Life was was wonderfull without back pain .... despite being very carefull ... this did not last

2006 - L4-L5 Discectomy/ Laminectomy (kept suffering temp. paralisis whilst walking ... not pleasant) Surgeon tells me i had a massive bulge and that a large amout of bone had to be removed.

My recovery this time around was not at all what i was hoping for. Intialy had problems with scar tissue and swelling that took about a month to get relief from. Ever since i have had to be very carefull with everything i do, the slightest bump or mistep puts me down for the day.It has been 19 months since the last operation. I am now at the piont were i need to do something about this again.(apparently i am unbearable to live with)

Started serching the web for someone with simalar problems (looks like i may have found the place)
Trying to find someone who has had disc replacement in Australia.

well back to work.

jim