View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Curiouser and curioser...

Saw neurologist today for report of spinal MRI.
He's referring me to a neurosurgeon but said he "doesn't think the surgeon will be impressed" by the amount of compression and that surgery wasn't necessary. My walking is easier than before but my legs still feel weak and wobbly.
Said there is minimal CSF space around the cord at C3/4/5 and mild SP of the left leg.
Strange consultation, he said he wouldn't send me for a lumbar puncture on the strength of the MRI pictures, - which pleased me as I wasn't looking forward to that procedure anyway.
As I have been given the MRI films I've asked for a copy of the report as well, I'd like to see what the radiologist's opinion is.
It all seems a bit "airy fairy" to me. I impressed on him that as much as I didn't "want" surgery I was hoping to get an explanation of my leg and bowel symptoms.
He didn't seem to have an answer so I asked him if it could be coming from the lumbar spine and his answer was "could be".....
So that takes me back to square one because it was my orthopaedic consultant that referred me to the neurologist in the first place!
So to sum up, I'm being sent to see the surgeon, not having a lumbar puncture, am to have nerve conduction tests, and presume the outcome is as I suspected, I will be left with these problems on an "inconclusive" basis.
I suppose I should try and be less negative and hope this conservative approach is best and just maybe the symptoms will resolve on their own, who knows?