View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 02:45 AM

Default cutting back

Dale,
I have had the hyperirritable effects as well when cutting down on Methadone. Because I had so much increased pain after about 2 weeks on decreased dosage I chose to bump my dose back up however, should I have continued this withdrawl I would have opted to seek some medical assistance with meds to help assist with symptoms associated with withdrawl as the hyperirritability was severe.

I became really hyper with extreme lack of appetite and insomnia, weird dreams/nightmares. I tried sleepers which actually made me sick. Lunesta. It gave me Montezuma's revenge with an unpredictable schedule. Guess I could have taken something for that as well but I really get sick of taking drugs for symptoms caused by other drugs and then drugs for the symptoms caused by the drugs taken for symptoms by the drugs taken for ... ad nauseum...

So options.. let your body adjust to new cut back schedule and maybe see your doc about getting something to cover worse symptoms you're experiencing while cutting back.

Sorry I have nothing holistic to offer, I'm pretty Western med oriented tho maybe someone here will have something along this line of advice to offer.

Re the eyesight probs, I'm experiencing some decrease that I'm thinking is reading vision related but after reading your post will ask about possible changes due to my medication as well..