Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 01:43 PM

I always have the "slow and steady wins the race" motto in the back of my mind. LOL... I am trying to walk my butt off as my 2 1/2 years of being a couch potato were not kind! My hips actually "release" as I walk and feel much more fluid and comfortable. 10 km is the upper end of my tolerance, where I still feel great, but hips just start to feel tight again. It is such fine line, isn't it?! I don't worry too much about my lt. knee. I just finished another course of Synvisc injections as I am putting off a replacement as long as I can and it is effective in managing most of the pain.

Maybe I will be one of the lucky ones and have no distraction pain. I wasn't planning on filling the script if I do get one, just have it on hand in case I need it. After several years of being on many drugs, I am anxious for a drug holiday and hope to stop the Oxycontin, except perhaps on a prn basis, in the next few weeks. The drugs have affected my cognitive functioning and I hate it. My hubby does tell me I am rather irritable lately, which is unusual as I am pretty laid back and I do notice my sleep pattern is also affected; all part of the weaning off process.

I plan on taking lots of pictures; maybe Mark can post a couple when I return. I just hope we will finally get some more comfortable fall weather. This continued heat and humidity is really taxing as I get migraines and sinus headaches, not to mention, it's just too darn hot to be active.