View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Default beautiful!

Hey Mark,
thanks so much for posting this. I don't remember seeing it when I was going to Dr.M's office however that was back in '01-'03. This office gave me back my life as well with the ease of offering me adequate medicinal pain relief and a referral to a wonderful PT that was then associated with the office.

When I had my 2nd discectomy and it failed so horribly with residual gnawing burning pain going into my buttocks, groin, anterior thighs, calves and feet ~ I was thinking the worse that one can think, that life was over because the pain syndrome devastated me. One day in PT at Memorial I found myself beside young girl of 21 who had been diagnosed with RSD. She was in a terrible place mentally and physically. My actual first introduction to RSD (now CRPS).

I would only hope that this young woman found someone like Dr. Mikhael to treat her pain as eventually did I some 9 years later.

The poem/story that this young girl wrote is a beautiful tribute to getting her life pain after such awful pain~ I feel somewhat similar but have no talent for such expression.

This is something that should be shared in the Pain Management Journal and nationally I think~ would give a lot of people some hope with all kinds of pain syndromes in terms of PM.

thanks Merissa for writing this~ thanks Mark and Diane