View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Sitting is dangerous to my health

I know most persons here have had ADR or fusion or are contemplating something of this nature and so have I over the last 8 years (from 3 level global fusion to 2 level ADR to hybrid ADR and fusion) and many if not most of us will get to that point of wondering "am I bad enough?" before diving into the surgical arena once, twice or more times...

My progress w/o more surgery (beyond my 2 previous failed discectomies) has been really pretty awesome over the last year and I was going to report the fact that I even waited 3 hours standing around at a bus station then sat nearly 2 hours on a bus ride and didn't have back probs (did have pain during sitting ~ oh yes!) the next day

BUUUUTTTTT ~ oh no, that is not the freaking case. I bent over in the bathroom this morning and BAM!!!!! The pain nearly floored me. So I lay in bed to relieve some pain. Think I've relieved it a bit, go out to the living room and squat down to watch TV rather than sit when BAMMMMM, have a huge lumbothoracic spasm when trying to stand up and have to hobble back to bed.

Well, this is for sure~ I may be able to actually sit for longer than I used to but I still have the same repercussions. Now will wait and see how long this lasts.

Will post my consultation to podiatrist seperately but today made me realize what surgery is proposed is not going to happen as planned (next Thursday).