View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 AM

I read your MRI results. Here is my PERSONAL OPINION, from an experienced cervical spine injury patient WITH NO MEDICAL TRAINING at all. Please realize that no one can give you true medical advice on the internet. However, having been through this myself, here is what I THINK.

Your situation is not urgent at this point. Your symptoms are minimal. The spinal cord is not involved. You have bulges or herniations that are pushing into the opening for nerves, hence the numbness and tingling. These may reduce somewhat with time, rest, physical therapy, or other similar treatments.

Eventually, your situation MAY get worse as bone spurs do not usually go away. I have had a bone spur at C5-6 for more than 12 years now and it is growing very slowly, but not doing anything that requires major surgery yet. (I have other symptoms that may force me into surgery, but it is not the bone spur itself.)

If I were in your shoes, I would seek out the best medical help I could and begin to research as much as I could. I would not have surgery at this point. The first surgery I would investigate is minimally invasive surgery, such as cervical endoscopic discectomy. Assuming that your symptoms do not get dramatically worse, do not make any life-changing decisions about things like surgery until you feel you understand all the options.