View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Confused about cervical spine surgery

Dear Mark and all

Thank you very much for everything already. I have been away from the forum bec my meds are making me very woozy and I am told not to sit in front of the computer much. This is all so weird to me as I have no pain at all. The tingling (the very mild one) feeling on my left arm finally, occasionally started dissapearing during the day. I don't know if the meds are kicking in or I am hallucinating because like I said it was so little anyway. Today I finally did more research and found Stenum Hospital with success stories and horror stories like the surgeon ( Dr. Ritter Lang) being drunk the night before surgery at 2 am.( He was seen by somebody at the local bar) when he had to do 8 spinal surgeries the next day. And he is mentioned as one of the most experienced ADR surgeons in the world. There has been a lot of failures there apparently resulting in more problems and a suicide case that really freaked me out about ADR. Apart from that I read a big complaint from a Russian patient who lives in Germany that was operated by Dr. Bertagnoli (considered best in his field again). She had a single level ADR in the lumbar area. Prior to her surgery she didn't have pain but was restricted in movement, yet she was able to walk a few miles. She did the surgery and has been bed bound for over 2 years now in incredible pain. And Dr. Bertagnoli has been ignoring her case and avoiding her. After all these cases and especially the many complications and failures mentioned in ADR in Stenum, I am really confused and would really like to delay ADR (if I am ever offered) as much as possible (this is my personal view, considering my symptoms).

I haven't seen any complaints about alphaklinik though. But I just found out that Dr. Bertagnoli has joined the team there! My !! where does this leave us all with? I have a feeling fusion is still the gold standard. I guess if you take really good care of yourself after fusion, the chances are probably lower for adjacent discs to slip. (Cervical spine)

Any inputs please?

Thank you all so much

Confused
Sonata