View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:16 AM

Default so far so good

Hi all. Well its now sunday 6 days after my Dynesys. I'll give a short run down on what I thought I was going to have and what I actually received. I originally thought I was having L5 disc out and possibly fused and Dynesys at L4. After speaking to the Consultant post op I found that in reality I had had Dynesys at both levels. He when he operated found that the L5 had just about fused itself so he decided to take the pressure of this and L4 by using D. My main symptom originally was apparently caused by the chemical excreted by a degenerating disc L5 inflaming the bone. This showed up on MRI scan as white areas on the bone. Anyway so far I am doing ok. I went in on Monday 12th Nov and walked later that day and was discharged on Tuesday PM. I have come off the stronger meds as they caused me constipation which was even more painful and I am now just on Paracetamol. Not really enough but bearable and better than having chronic gut ache. Back is improving every day going for follow up on the 27 Nov and also expect to have stitch out then. (apparently they used one long one for this). Anything else anyone need or wants to know I am always willing to help. Regards Nigel