View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 05:41 PM

Hi KL Aguilar

I believe it is my herniated discs causing the compression as no doctor has yet mentioned bony growth though my MRI report did mention "spondylosis". Can you tell if there is bony growth just from the MRI pictures?

Can i ask what kind of pain you were experiencing in yr neck and shoulders? I would classify mine as more of "nagging discomfort,tight,stiff,sore,very tired" although my chinese massage therapist has told me from her experience that I have considerably high threshold of pain. Did your pain go away slowly after the op or you experienced immediate relief after surgery? Were you under general or local anaes? How often were your occasional bouts of spasms after that?

You mentioned you underwent surgery for "prevention of spinal chord damage". Since your symptoms do not sound compelling, dont you think it is kind of a pre-emptive action? This is something i think of a lot. Now my symptoms though nagging and frustrating are still bearable. But I am thinking long term, to prevent any irreversible damage since my chord is badly compressed though Dr Hoogland has advised otherwise 6 mths ago. That surgery should only be done if i really cannot take the pain.. I hv sent Alpha my latest MRI and still waiting for their diagnosis.

What led to your new injury?