View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 AM

Hi Fortitudine

Thank you so much for your reply. I am 39 years old and have issues with c5 c6 c7..prolapsed to the right and left. You have mentioned you have spinal cord compression with no pain. Do you have any symptoms at all or you have found out by coincidence that you have the problem?

My mri says that i do not have spinal cord compression but it's not a very clear one. I will be doing a new one on Monday. Because it really looks like the one between c6-c7 is about to touch or mildly touching the spinal cord. I do not have pain as well (I used to have some in the last 3 years, a few episodes that went away with medication. Those days I didn't know I had the problem until 2.5 weeks ago I found out about it by an mri) but I have this mild pins and needles feeling that come and go to my left arm and hand. At the moment I am at home rest and still taking medication. It kind of feels like the pins and needles have dimisnished a bit but it could be the medication that's masking it too.

I hear from people that a lot like us are out there without knowing the problem and until the pain becomes unbearable we shouldn't be doing much (if the risk is not too high). One surgeon (a very respectable one) wanted to do a 2 level fusion right away for me. Scared the heck out of me saying that this wouldn't last too long, I would regret it in 6 months etc etc...I don't even have spinal cord compression or may be I have a very slight one..I have been quite depressed since then. 2 other surgeons said a big no no..Medication rest for a month. I am still trying to pick myself up from this depressive mood I have been in. Your post helps me at least to panic less..

Thank you again

Please keep in touch

Sonata