View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 01:22 AM

Default dynesys in august 07

There are a few posts related to the uncertainty of the volume of dynesys occurring in the US. I have no clue how often it happens but I know I've had it. Sincerely, since the surgery my feet and legs are literally perfect. Prior to the surgery I had already endured 2 laminectomy's (sp) and COUNTLESS "pain relief" injections such as facet blocks and the RF stimulations to "burn" the nerve endings. Nothing was working.

The dynesys has done an excellent job relieving the leg and foot pain but my lower back is a train wreck to this day. I am and IT professional and spend a great deal of time at a computer workstation. I have plenty of opportunities to move around as well because of other workstation support for company users but the time is still spent in near agony with my lower back itself. It's as if the surgery corrected only the issues with my appendages and not my lower back. I am still taking Norco, oxycodone, valium (muscle relaxer) and occasionally I am still taking fentanyl (200mcg) which is given to most cancer patients who are in dire straits.

It's driving me insane to have gone through so much for the last 4 years with 3 surgeries, countless injections and so many many prescriptions I want to vomit. If I had that Rx money back I could buy my own private jet!

Anyone else having similar discomfort in this fashion...basically only a partial fix? It is so tiring to live in perpetual back pain because it drains you personally and those around you that do not have it or have not experienced it just can't understand the limitations it creates.