View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 11:45 PM

Smile new thread coming

I have not been introduced to discography...my "back" story (use both definitions of the word back there (LOL)) I'll go into in my new thread. According to my surgeon the dynesys was my best bet at my age and the type of issues I have had. And it was great during "recovery" sans the residual surgical pain. I was in surgery for over 7 hours, have 2, approx 12 inch scars on my back so I'm sure it was an ordeal even my surgeon won't soon forget. I remember him telling my family and I that it was typically about 2 to 3 hours...certainly not seven. I believe my particular problem on the table came from having to complete yet another laminectomy prior to the dynesys, the scar tissue that was so prevalent because of previous surgeries and the amount of muscle to contend with at 3 levels.

Anyway - rather than type this all twice, I'll start the new thread and try to be as specific as I can for those that are looking for input and opinion on this procedure. I appreciate the support here - I did a lot of "medical" research on dynesys prior to having the surgery but never once wandered into a forum...I read nothing but doctor's papers, background material, production notes, etc. Honestly I was trying to avoid a lot of patient opinion because I wanted more expert opinion so to speak and quite honestly I was just so ready to do anything that eliminated the pain I almost didn't want to squelch the possibility it held for me.

So again, thank you for the responses...and thank you to the founders here. A lot of people think internet "support groups" are useless but I have to say that the connection here between people, their problems and quite apparent true concern is invaluable - just my 2 cents!!

And please - call me Dennis!