View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:55 PM

Default 3 and a half months after l4-l5 s1-l5 prodisc. Update know 7 months...

I have sore calfs after running or some other exercises. I didnt have the sore calfs before. I am assumeing that because I am one inch taller and some nerve ending have been stretch a bit they are sending some new signals..anyway
I use Tylenol 3, for some reason the codine or oxy is the only thing that calms it enough to sleep normal asprine, or Tylenol doesnt help. Is there something else I can take. I really dont think muscle relaxent will help, I hate to be tired all day.
I dont take t 3 all the time, there is no need.

Anyone..Buhler..Buhler...

[b]6 months later..[/B]continue to have sore calves, the amount is directly related to the amount of miles on my feet that day. I have started 10mg of Nortrip (20mg knocks me out).. after a couple of weeks last night was the first night in a long time I slept without one Oxy.
I would have to agree with the article on "The Potential Biomechanical Etiology for lumbar Disc Replacement" That some patients have problems with the nerve ending. I am one for sure.

I see the surgeon next week for a check up. He is a bit of a hard a**. And when I told him mouths ago I couldnt sleep because of the nerve ending humming at night all he could say was "get off of the Oxy" but gave me no solutions to the problem. Before I became insane I went to my family doctor and at least she had a plan of attack.
I am sore everyday in the hip and calves..how much should I put up with? Its enough that the minute you stop typing or talking you notice..should a person be complete pain free or is that a dream. Or is the pain level 2 exceptable?
However the back is fine!

Last edited by robprodisc; 03-04-2008 at 05:26 PM.