View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Mind if I ask a lot of questions?

Blair, I'm so grateful to you for sharing your difficult experiences. I hope you don't mind me asking a lot of questions.

I know you said that your facets started to go a few months after the ADR surgery, both at the operated level and adjacent, and then also the adjacent disc. How did these problems manifest pain-wise? Did you get any benefit from the ADR? Did you have pain relief immediately after the surgery, then a few months later painful again? Was it a different pain from pre-surgery? Did it get progressively worse, or quickly?

Where are your symptoms now? You said you are better than before the revision. Are you better, worse or same as pre-ADR? Is it the same or different pain? Is it back pain alone, or also leg pain?

What did you do to diagnose the problems brought on by the ADR? What did you try (e.g., RF ablation) before electing to revise?

What is your understanding of where your continuing pain comes from? The same problems as pre-revision, the same problems as pre-ADR, the adjacent-level disc, the adjacent-level facets (I assume the facets at the ADR (now fused) level were removed--true?), who knows?, other?

What do you think has been fixed by the revision surgery? What if anything was fixed by the ADR?

Do you have any diagnostic or treatment plans going forward?

I hope we hear good and better news from you, soon and with each new post.