View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
I've not had ADR surgery or fusion, just 2 disectomies and while I'm on Methadone 10mg and Neurontin 1800 mg I notice that after I run several blocks with the dogs, later in the day I will often end up with a knot in one of my calves giving me a little short lived attack tho seemingly staying like a knot for several days (the calf muscle will hurt or feel bruised if I even walk too fast for a few days).

Nerve pain has long been muted for me but there was a time for 5 years after my 2nd spine surgery bilat buttock/lower extremity nerve pain was just horrible and standing, walking, anything upright seemed to exacerbate it. This wore off thankfully (knock on wood) tho am sure that the use of Neurontin since '98 has been instrumental in relief. Who cares, relief is relief from this gnawing draining type of pain!

If I don't run I don't usually have calve attack/charlie horse, or if I don't speed walk for a distance like a mile or so. I can walk fo hours at a really normal pace and not have this happen. It's odd as I probably shouldn't be running anyway and slamming the old spine around tho sometimes I just feel like having some "wings"~ and the dogs love it! Really can't run too much tho sure is fun. I have wondered why my calves bother me at all since I don't think I have anything pathologic going on unless it's related to my lumbar or cervical spine (in general that is).

I was thinking this is an *50 plus over thing*
Hi Maria!

You can run!!! Without the Methadone/Neurontin, do you think you would be able to run?? Walk even? Does it both allow you to run and cover up the pain the running causes? Or does running not cause more pain??

Thanks! Good luck.