View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Here I go, my 3 level Activ-L story begins

I've been on the forum and looks like it is time to begin my story.

Wating now in one of those rooms for my turn, a 3 level Ativ-L. L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1, about a 4-5 hour sugery I've been told.

I ran into Mark yesterday during my pre op session. A very nice, tall and thin guy that literally bounced up and down in the waiting room. I remember pics from his website and he has lost weight since his ADR surgery. Something I think we are all hoping to do once we get better. ( i plan on being on the tennis court again)
I planned this trip and surgery on my own, but i'm sure he'd be very helpful if you were to work with him. He said he'll check in on me while he's here.

Dr Z is as nice in person as on the phone and the staff is very helpful. I've spoken to him, sent him my Mri's etc and arrived in Munich 12-13-07. I've never seen a doctor that spent nearly 4 hours on the phone plus emails with me, in addition to the time when I saw him here pre op for at least 2 1/2 hours. You'll feel comfortable here. Strange because as big a procedure as this is, I'm very calm, just a little anxious waiting my turn.

Oh forgive me for being a divorced male for a second, but there are some of the prettiest woman here. Lot's of blue eyed, attractive blonds Looking doesn't take away the pain, ..well on second thought, i do forget it for a few mins at least.

If you are an American in Germany, I do suggest learning some German. First it is polite and second you won't have a total vacant look on your face when others are speaking in German. At the very least a nice smile goes a long way and use some german please and thank you's.

Haven't found any English tv shows although NCIS is interesting to watch in german here. So you might want to bring your own entertainment.

That's it for now, I'll check in when I can post op.