Thread: 2-Level Dynesys
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 01:00 PM

Hi both!

Fireyangel76, How are you doing now? How long has it been? Merry Christmas to you, too!

MMGlobal, My discogram results were extremely positive for the L5-S1, reproducing all of my on-the-spine-pain exactly. Above it, it did a little pain w/ abdominal pain. It was worked on b/c of the pain shown & b/c my MD didn't feel comfortable w/ the bulges it was already showing. My very bottom disc - he couldn't really get into despite trying many times. It is not a 'true disc,' & my MD doesn't even feel it's capable of being a pain generator. The MD performing the disco stated the same. None of my right side pain (the worst - the reason for the surgery) was generated - but they said it wasn't necessarily supposed to be, if it's referred pain.

Right now, his plan IS to wait it out, w/ Percocet & muscle relaxers. I may need to ask to go back on the oxycontin, but I don't even know if he'll say yes. In about 2 wks, he wants to start me walking in the pool. That should be fun, coming out in the winter air! Oh well. I am a water person through and through. The only thing is, I've been like this a while, and I know that I can't use my right leg in the water, either. I've tried for years. Often, I swam w/ my arms & let my legs drag behind. Kicking w/ the right leg was never a possibility b/c of the rear pelvic/back pain. Even pointing the toe (like using the gas pedal) or wiggling the toes causes pain to the right back/posterior pelvis. I have NO idea what that means. It's definitely mechanical - that's all I understand. Then, I see him at Week 10. That's all I've heard about a plan!

Thank you both!

Last edited by slsunflower; 12-14-2007 at 01:04 PM.