View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Hello everyone!

Good morning. Guess what? I made it!!!! Wew wew! Cut just like a melon.

I felt at 50 and a athlete for so many years, that this was a good time for the surgery. I think that has helped my recovery.

Fri of surgery was rough, Dr Zeegers replaced 3 levels or discs and I'm now about 3 cm taller.

Sat wasn't much better and up til Sunday afternoon I was in pretty bad shape. The back pain is basically gone. But having the new found height is stretching my body up and I have to get used to that so other parts are sore, hips, etc.

Under the TMI heading but good advice, The belly gas was horrible, when they moved my insides to get to the discs,it shuts down the bowel action, so as I recover, parts start working at different times and gas builds up. They were going to give me a laxitive overnight but I couldn't make that, so I asked for a supository and viola, the gas went down and things started working again. Big wew wew! :0) Once the belly got better my pain level went down a lot. Those tummy urges shortened Marks visit when he came by to check on me, but nice seeing a friendly face.

Sunday I even got to listen to the jags game against the steelers on the radio via the Internet from 7-10:30 at night my time. I was able to concentrate on the game for that long and felt that was progress. It was a good game and made me feel a little closer to home.

But how do I feel? Really pretty good. I get surprised when I get up from a chair and my low back doesn't hurt, it has for so long. Mornings before took me about 1-2 hours to straighten up, not now. I'm a little sore in the hips but overall pretty good. Yesterday I walked to Dr Bohm's (sp)offiice upstairs. Oh the meds and procedure I think blurs your memory so taking some notes on names is a good idea.

It's cold here, about 29 today. A far cry from the 80's in florida that I left.
Sunrise is around 8:30am and sunset is around 3:30pm, also way different than Florida.

I should be here in hospital today and perhaps Tues or by Tues they may move me to the hotel, I haven't heard yet.

am I happy? oh heck yea. Is this major surgery? Oh yea, and Dr Zeegers is one outstanding surgeon. With this result, even though it is early,I wouldn't have gone anywhere else.